I created a menu plan and have sent it to my friend so we can coordinate. I also remembered to add vitamins to my packing list – that would have been a bad thing to forget! Lake Trip Menu.pdf
I’ve also been researching home spa treatments for sagging skin and wrinkles. I thought it would be fun to have some spa time each night with my girlfriend. Here are some things that I found yesterday. I tried the first four last night – warning: turmeric turns you and your clothes yellow! It will be interesting to see if the yellow comes out or leaves stain on my towels and bathrobe.
- Use a stiff bristle brush all over (not your face) brushing in the direction of your heart, to stimulate your skin.
- Make a turmeric and cinnamon exfoliating scrub before applying any type of topical skin treatment. Mix 2 tsp. turmeric with cinnamon, olive oil and salt (or sugar for dry skin). Turmeric helps tighten the skin, cinnamon energizes the skins and promotes collagen production while the other ingredients remove dead skin cells and moisturize.
- Shower off, then towel off with a rough towel.
- Moisturize with cocoa butter, coconut oil or olive oil
- Note: I haven’t tried any of the rest yet!
- Grind fresh ginger into a pulpy paste and add crushed anise seed or anise essential oil. Dilute the mixture with honey until a desired consistency is reached. Smooth the paste over skin for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Tone up with an herbal toner. Toners, most notably known for facial use, can be applied to other areas of the body as well. Upper arms, neck and chest are all susceptible to wrinkling and gathering loose skin. These areas also respond well to toner. Seek products with tea tree oil for body care toners. (I have pure tea tree oil and dilute it in a 1-100 water solution for a toner)
- Citrus fruit works very well when removing fine lines. Juice up some pineapple and apply it to your face, and leave on for 10 minutes.
- This mask is another great trick: Mix 2 tbsp. of cucumber juice, 1 egg white, 1 tsp. of lemon juice, 1 tsp. of rum and 1/2 tsp. of sodium benzoate. Spread over skin, and wash off after 15 minutes. To store, put in an air tight container and keep in the refrigerator.
- Other natural wrinkle prevention ideas include using a mashed tomato to deep-clean pores
- Moisturizing with mashed grapes, gently exfoliating with short-grain rice and nourishing skin with a slather of avocado.
- Skin needs Vitamin C to form collagen, and nutrient-rich Ester-C gel has been known to do wonders for aging skin.
I’m going to keep trying these and prepare a spa “bucket” to take with me with body, skin, hair and nail treatments. Can’t wait!