I’ve been meditating and feel like I’ve made real progress this second week. For one thing, I found some affirmations to read/repeat every day and I love them. I also started listening to some background music, which really helps me focus. Something about filtering out the outside world gets me more focused and I think for about five minutes today I was actually IN THE MOMENT.
This is big for me – I usually live in the past and the future: worrying about what I’ve done and worrying about what I need to do. So just being in the moment was pretty great. So here’s what I’ve been doing (courtesy of healing.about.com)
Before You Begin
Decide what area of your life you want to work on and then decide what you want. (Naturally, I wanted it all, so I did them all…..) There are several important points to know about affirmations:
- Use the present or past tense. Do not use the future tense. You want your mind to know it has already happened
- Be POSITIVE. Use the most positive terms you can. Never use negatives in affirmations
- Write them. As you are learning to do affirmations, write them down so you will remember exactly what you want to say. Keep them short and very specific. Personalize them with your name.
- Believe. Always believe that what you are saying is happening. The more you believe, the stronger the affirmation.
- Repetition. Being repetitive and persistent helps to set them in your head and in your unconscious being.
- Time. Always have a specific time daily set aside for your meditations, affirmations and visualizations. This will help set a pattern for you so you will do them daily.
Affirmations for Daily Living
- I am at peace with the Universe
- I love and accept myself.
- I am unique and loving, loved, and free.
- I am safe and always feel protected.
- I acknowledge all of my feelings because I am in touch with my feelings.
- I am surrounded with loving, caring people in my life.
- I am loving and accepting of others and this creates lasting friendships for me.
- I trust my inner being to lead me in the right path.
- I do all I can every day to make a loving environment for all those around me, including myself.
- I am always connected with the Divine Love in the Universe.
- My inner vision is always clear and focused.
Affirmations for Health
- I have the power to control my health.
- I am in control of my health and wellness.
- I have abundant energy, vitality and well-being.
- I am healthy in all aspects of my being.
- I do not fear being unhealthy because I know that I control my own body.
- I am always able to maintain my ideal weight.
- I am filled with energy to do all the daily activities in my life.
- My mind is at peace.
- I love and care for my body and it cares for me.
Affirmations for Abundance
- I am a success in all that I do.
- Everything I touch returns riches to me.
- I am always productive.
- My work is always recognized positively.
- I respect my abilities and always work to my full potential.
- I am constantly adding to my income.
- I always spend money wisely.
- A always have enough money for all that I need.
- I am rewarded for all the work I do.
Affirmations for Peace and Harmony in your Life
- I am at peace with myself.
- I am always in harmony with the Universe.
- I am filled with the Love of the Universe (edited that one a bit – it was Universal Divine Truth).
- I am at peace with all those around me.
- I have provided a harmonious place for myself and those I love
- The more honest I am with those around me, the more love is returned to me.
- I express anger in appropriate ways so that peace and harmony are balanced at all times.
- I am at one with the inner child in me.
Affirmations for My Spirituality
- I am free to be myself.
- I am a forgiving and loving person.
- I am responsible for my own Spiritual Growth.
- I have given myself permission to be at one with the Universe.
- My strength comes from forgiveness of those who hurt me.
- I am worthy of love.
- The more I love, the more that love is returned to me.
- Love is eternal and ever-lasting.
- I nurture my inner child, love her and have allowed her to heal. (this one was particularly poignant for me)
- I am responsible for my life and always maintain the power I need to be positive and have joy.
So after reading out all the affirmations, I just sat, looking at the waterfall (yes that is a picture of the gardens outside my office – is that cool or what?) and for almost 7 minutes – well definitely five of them – I was IN THE MOMENT. Peaceful. Serene. Content. I have to admit, I got a little teary eyed. It was a different feeling for me. Still kind of sticking with me in fact. I guess that is the point, isn’t it?