I’ve never really been on maintenance before. I’ve gone right from losing to gaintenance. Okay so that’s not a word. But it should be. It perfectly describes the act of not watching what you are eating, not exercising and therefore purposefully going right back to where you were. But I looked it up and even Wikipedia hadn’t heard it before. I’ll have to submit an article!
So if you aren’t on maintenance and you aren’t losing weight – are you on gaintenance?
Here’s a quiz to find out:
- Did you weigh yourself this morning?
- Have you weighed yourself lately?
- Have you measured yourself lately?
- Did you exercise this morning?
- Will you exercise later today?
- Have you exercised lately?
- Did you plan this week’s menus?
- Did you go shopping with a grocery list?
- Are you taking your lunch and a healthy snack to work?
- Did you eat on plan today?
- Do you even have a plan?
- Did you track what you ate yesterday?
- Will you track what you ate today?
- Have you tracked what you ate lately?
- Are you eating at the table?
- Are you taking small bites, putting down your fork and chewing?
- Are you stopping when you are full?
- Are you drinking enough water?
- Did you take your vitamins?
- Did you eat a variety of healthy foods?
- Did you get enough protein?
- Did you eat enough healthy carbs?
- Did you get enough fiber?
- Are the messages in your head kind or killing?
- Did you notice the sunrise this morning?
- Did you see the sunset last night?
- Did you spend time doing something you love this week?
- Did you spend time with someone you love this week?
- Do you have a dream?
- Are you working on that dream?
- Have you worked on that dream lately?
- Have you been accountable to anyone for your weight, measurements, food, exercise and attitude lately?
- Are you doing everything you should be to take care of your health and happiness?
For every Yes answer give yourself three points.
If you scored 99 points or more – you are on Maintenance and may even be losing weight.
If you scored 50 or higher, you are on Maintenance, but don’t expect much weight loss.
If you scored less than 50 points then you, my friend, are on gaintenance.
What are you going to do about it?