It’s harder to wish in the new year tonight than it was last year. Last year was all about the progress that I was going to make and looking ahead. This year is more introspective. Looking at the progress and success from 2010. I can’t help wondering what 2011 will bring that can possibly top reaching a healthy weight for the first time in my life? Completing a triathlon? Running a 5k?
Here are some things from 2010 that I say goodbye to tonight, with the pledge that I will never experience them again:
– Weighing over 200 pounds
– Wearing a size that starts with X
– Dumping because I don’t know what my limits are after WLS surgery
And that’s it. I can’t think of another thing about 2010 that I’d change. It was a pretty amazing year. So goodbye to one of the best years of my life. It gets to live there with these big years:
– 1981 – Graduated from High School – went off to Yale
– 1984 – Study Abroad in London
– 1986 – Graduation from Yale (really Dec 1985, but ceremony in 1986)
– 1995 – Met Fred
– 1998 – Married the love of my life
– 2002 – Our Son Jacob was born
– 2006 – Goodbye to PCOS forever
– 2009 – WLS Surgery
– 2010 – Healthy weight reached (and long list of athletic accomplishments)
So whatever 2011 has to offer, I’m ready for it. Bring it on!